The VISION of Student Affairs is to be a national model for innovative Student Success initiatives at a public, research university through the advancement of access and equity programs, the development of a community of scholars, and the integration of curricular and co-curricular educational experiences.
The MISSION of Student Affairs is to advance the university’s commitment to Student Success by providing support, guidance, and resources that equip students with the tools to successfully accomplish their academic, career, and personal goals.
Click on each Strategic Initiative in the image below for more info!
The STRATEGIC INITIATIVES for Student Affairs are focused on the advancement of access and equity programs, the development of a community of scholars, and the integration of curricular and co-curricular educational experiences.
The GUIDING PRINCIPLES of Student Affairs are transformational, inclusive, nimble, and impact.
- We create life-changing experiences.
- We create a highly personalized environment, keeping students at the center of all we do and at the forefront of our decision-making process.
- We promote student success, learning and retention through the holistic development of students: intellectual, physical, psychological, career, social and spiritual.
- We create Bobcat identity and pride for our central valley community
- We support intellectual, professional and personal development for lifelong learning and careers in a dynamic, global society.
- We are a learning organization and will enhance our own staff’s knowledge to meet the dynamic and growth challenges of our campus and to effectively serve students.
- We champion and celebrate the diverse community of the campus and region through innovative outreach, awareness programs and advocacy.
- We create conditions for excellence with the entire campus community.
- We create programs and services available to all members of the University.
- We expand learning opportunities through partnerships, collaboration and esprit de corps.
- We maintain a sustainable community that is environmentally and socially conscious
- We promote operational efficiency and effectiveness through the consolidation of services, unconventional partnerships and integration of new technologies
- We are strategically positioned and ready to act
- We meet the emerging needs of our students, faculty, staff and community
- We balance needs through personalized service
- We continuously strive to deliver programs and services with pride and distinction
- We use research data, assessment results/findings to develop and refine our people, programs and services and enhance the community and region
- We enhance the reputation of UC Merced
- We aggressively seek to increase grants, donations and resources to further campus initiatives
- We actively support efforts to publish and “tell our stories” through qualitative and quantitative data